Put a spring back in your step!
Spring is one of my favourite times of the year. Sometimes we think about spring as the in-between winter and summer. The got to get in shape for summer time. I love it for itself and all it brings. New life. New beginning. A fresh start and a great time to leave bad habits behind.
Here are my top ten tips for Spring!
- Get outdoors when you can; walk, run, jog, practice yoga, whatever it is do it outdoors. If you are a city dweller like me – aim to get to the countryside when you can!
- Switch out breakfast for a juice or smoothie – use seasonal vegetables and berries (berries have lower sugar than lots of fruits).
- Try a cleanse or a detox. There are a variety of cleanses and detox programmes you can try (all should be supervised via a nutritionist).
- Go raw when you can! Its save time and energy and you can make sure you are getting all the nutritional value of food.
- Eat Organic – not only in spring – always!
- Remember to always eat seasonal – check out what is in season – this season!
- Fast – going 16 hours between your last meal (dinner) and next meal (let’s say breakfast) is greatly beneficial to the body so it can do what it should be doing; clearing up old waste, hormones and helping you with energy and weight loss
- Increase your water intake. Try adding fruit and vegetable to waters for some flavour. Try coconut waters (remember some commercial brands have a lot of sugar – seek our low sugar options).
- Review your supplement regime – if you are taking supplements – it may be time to review what and why you are taking these – *this should be supervised. Do not stop taking any medication without the consent of your primary healthcare practitioner.
- Go to bed earlier to wake up earlier – getting 8 hours sleep is essential to good health. The body repairs when sleeping- so make sure you get your zzz’s in.
These are my general tips which can help you put a spring back in your step this season. If you want to know more about what best works for you Contact me for a professional, personal consultation with a realistic nutrition protocol which fits into your lifestyle.
Through a personalised consultation, I can help you understand more about your body and how it works;
- How does my body absorb the nutrients from food?
- Am I nutrient deficient?
- Do I have the right co – factors to carry out biochemical reactions I need for optimal health.
- How does my body use fats, carbs and proteins in the creation of energy?
- What is my detoxification capacity?
- Am I gut healthy?
- What is happening in each of my cells (the key to healthy ageing).
- Are my inflammatory pathways raised? An important factor in the creation of disease.
Let me help you put a spring back in your step!