Quick cook nutty homemade Granola
This is a great breakfast idea for when you are on the go. I am not sure if this can technically be classified as Granola. But for the sake of this post (and to be perfectly honest this is the term used in my household!)
It is so simple and quick to make. I normally cook a batch on Monday morning which lasts me throughout the week.
You can choose to add maple syrup or organic raw honey but that is totally optional. I personally don’t add anything to mine.
I like to eat this with yoghurt and berries. As always mix out the ingredients when you can. Get creative!
- 3 Cups of organic oats
- 2 cups of almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Chia
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla or Fresh Vanilla pod. This gives it a very luxurious feel!
- Optional: 80 – 100g coconut oil or butter melted – again I personally never use but this may taste better with either of these two ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 120C (gas ½)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine all the ingredients together
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden. You do not to cook for any longer- you will notice a smell of the oats if you leave any longer.
- Remove from the oven
- Allow to cool
- Eat while still crispy
I serve mine with natural, full fat bio yogurt and fresh or frozen berries depending on the time of year. If you find it’s a bit dry just add water before adding the yoghurt to moisten.
Let me know how you make this. Do you add honey or syrup. I would love to have your thoughts on this one. I eat this so often any new and exciting variations would be most welcome!